How can invoke workflow in ASP.NET RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , All

Now I have two StateMachine Workflow in Asp.net.

In StateMachine1 I want to Invoke StateMachine2 using InvokeWorkflow Activity.

How can I do that?!!

Is there a sample for article for me to reference for this? 

Best Regards!!

Friday, July 28, 2006 8:09 AM

Answers

• This would be no different than from within a Sequential workflow.  Put the InvokeWorkflow activity that ships with product, or a custom one like Jon's version, found here, in a StateInitialization, StateFinalization or after the IEventActivity within one of the EventDriven activities. For the InvokeWorkflow activity you first set the TargetWorkflow property to the Type of workflow that you want to invoke.  After setting the target type all the public properties on the workflow will be displayed in the property browser so that you can set the values.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:03 AM

All replies

• This would be no different than from within a Sequential workflow.  Put the InvokeWorkflow activity that ships with product, or a custom one like Jon's version, found here, in a StateInitialization, StateFinalization or after the IEventActivity within one of the EventDriven activities. For the InvokeWorkflow activity you first set the TargetWorkflow property to the Type of workflow that you want to invoke.  After setting the target type all the public properties on the workflow will be displayed in the property browser so that you can set the values.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:03 AM
  • thank you very much Tom!

That is useful !!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:34 AM