none
VS 15 Preview 5 - Sign in problems

Question

• I have installed VS 15 Preview 5 and it was working like a charm. Until the free trial has expired. Now I need to sign in with my Microsoft account but every time it throws an exception:

"We could not refresh the credentials for the account
    Argument passed in is not serializable.
    Parameter name: value"

This message pops up after I have completely entered my credentials and no matter if I am using a "private" account or my business account. It also does not matter if I start the process through the "Sign in" button, or through one of the links "Add an account..." and "Check for an updated license".

Could it be a problem that we are using a proxy in our company network?

Any help appreciated!

Monday, November 07, 2016 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Alexander and hybrid2102,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since both of you have encountered this issue, I help you submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com

Here is this case's feedback link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/3110903/sign-in-vs-15-preview-5-exception

Please wait patiently, you may vote this  thread if you it it's necessary, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.  You could vote it if you think it's necessary.       

Currently, the Preview 5 is a beta version, would you mind using the VS 2015 RTM or please wait patiently till the newest VS version released? It will offer you a better experience with your VS program development.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:54 AM

All replies

• Short edit: When I use my company account in VS 2015, I do not have to enter my password, when using the same account in VS 15 Preview 5, it asks me to enter my password. Maybe this additional piece of information is of help.
    Monday, November 07, 2016 9:52 AM
  • I have installed VS 15 Preview 5 and it was working like a charm. Until the free trial has expired. Now I need to sign in with my Microsoft account but every time it throws an exception:

"We could not refresh the credentials for the account
    Argument passed in is not serializable.
    Parameter name: value"

This message pops up after I have completely entered my credentials and no matter if I am using a "private" account or my business account. It also does not matter if I start the process through the "Sign in" button, or through one of the links "Add an account..." and "Check for an updated license".

Could it be a problem that we are using a proxy in our company network?

Any help appreciated!

Same issue here! Are you behind a proxy?
    Monday, November 07, 2016 12:31 PM
  • Hi Alexander and hybrid2102,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since both of you have encountered this issue, I help you submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com

Here is this case's feedback link:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedbackdetail/view/3110903/sign-in-vs-15-preview-5-exception

Please wait patiently, you may vote this  thread if you it it's necessary, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously.  You could vote it if you think it's necessary.       

Currently, the Preview 5 is a beta version, would you mind using the VS 2015 RTM or please wait patiently till the newest VS version released? It will offer you a better experience with your VS program development.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Thank you Lana for pushing this post into the right channel. I appreciate it.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 10:48 AM
  • Same issue here! Are you behind a proxy?

Yes, I am.
    Friday, November 11, 2016 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem with Visual Studio 2017 RC and I'm not behind any proxy

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 8:56 PM
  • I just updated to VS2017 RC and still face the same issue.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 8:06 AM
  • I fixed this issue by clearing all the registry values in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSCommon\ConnectedUser
    • Proposed as answer by Mark Cidade Friday, January 13, 2017 4:36 AM
    Friday, January 13, 2017 4:36 AM