none
combining two 834 file. RRS feed

• Question

• I have generated 2 edi 834 files.....Now i need to combine those two files....

what i did was copy from ST to SE from the second file in the first file.

I have question about GE and IEA segment .....what does these two line represent do i need to copy and paste GE and IEA segment also to the first file.

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• What if i want to avoid batching.I just want to do it manually...can i do it.if yes what should be the value of GS and IEA

Also if i will use batching.......Will it batch with multiple ST and SE....i want to have multiple ST and SE.

If you want Multiple ST/SE then you need to use the Batching Services. That is exactly what the Batching Services will do for you. If you want to MANUALLY merge two documents you have would need to write your own merge helper.

I just completed a project that required both a SINGLE ST/SE and Multiple ST/SE process on the same data (depending on the required output). I used the batching services for the Multiple ST/SE and a helper class that I wrote for the SINGLE ST/SE (multiple document merge).

To reproduce the GS and IEA segments I used the source document data as my base and modified it for my output.  You can find information about each of the fields here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc973915(v=BTS.10).aspx

Let me know if this answers your questions, of if you need more details.

Thanks!

Kevin

• Marked as answer by sriaug Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:47 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 7:07 PM

All replies

• I believe you are talking about Batching two or more documents into a single document. BizTalk provides an out of the box Batching solution. This suite of orchestrations, combined with settings in your party configuration, can provide the proper batching services necessary to complete the task that you are talking about.

You should be able to figure out what you need from here...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245977(v=bts.70).aspx

Good luck, and let me know if you need any assistance.

Monday, November 14, 2011 5:57 PM
  • What if i want to avoid batching.I just want to do it manually...can i do it.if yes what should be the value of GS and IEA

Also if i will use batching.......Will it batch with multiple ST and SE....i want to have multiple ST and SE.

• Edited by sriaug Monday, November 14, 2011 6:53 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 6:47 PM

If you want Multiple ST/SE then you need to use the Batching Services. That is exactly what the Batching Services will do for you. If you want to MANUALLY merge two documents you have would need to write your own merge helper.

I just completed a project that required both a SINGLE ST/SE and Multiple ST/SE process on the same data (depending on the required output). I used the batching services for the Multiple ST/SE and a helper class that I wrote for the SINGLE ST/SE (multiple document merge).

To reproduce the GS and IEA segments I used the source document data as my base and modified it for my output.  You can find information about each of the fields here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc973915(v=BTS.10).aspx

Let me know if this answers your questions, of if you need more details.

Thanks!

Kevin

• Marked as answer by sriaug Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:47 PM
    Monday, November 14, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hi Kevin could you let me know how to use batching services for multiple ST/SE........
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:54 AM