none
EDI Receive Pipeline / Receiving EDIFACT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

i try to receive an EDIFACT Order from a Receive Location , transform it to an xml structure and pass it to an other system...

I haven´t found a tutorial wich explaines the full process so i don´t even know if my approach is the right way.

I tried to receive the EDIFACT order by an receive pipeline wich has an EDI Disassemble shape in it? How can i give this Disassembler my EDIFACT schema? My schema is a modification of the an original wich comes with biztalk, i just deleted the nodes i don`t need.

I just found a way to set my EDI receive pipeline als pipeline for the receive location but nothing to put the schema in. So i do not wonder to get the error:

"Fatal error encountered in EDI Disassembler, error information is Edifact service schema not found"

In the BTS Admin Console  my EDI Schema appears in the Schema folder of my application.

What can i do to set up the receive pipeline correctly or does anyone know a tutorial which shows how to receive an EDIFACT File an pass it as XML to other applications?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 1:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• I thougt its under Receive Ports >Properties> Inbound Maps but i still get the error that the schema is not found...

• Edited by Trombone Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:21 PM
  • You might want to sit through several tutorials to assist in your EDI solution.  The following link should get you started.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/Video/gg153503

I believe what you may be missing is the setup of your partner profiles.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:00 PM
  • do u have EDI receive pipeline.....Use edi receive pipeline.......

when you use EDi receive pipeline...you need to deploy EDIFACT Schema from your visual studio to Biztalk application..

You can find your schema in \Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010\XSD_Schema\EDI\MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates\

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:28 PM
  • Thanks for the replies,

the first EDI Video Tutorial already solved my problem.

i unfortunately deleted the random EDI Application which is deployed when installing EDI/AS2 Runtime few weeks ago because i thought it was one of my test projects... so i was not abled to use the EDIreceive pipeline because it was not there.

Reconfiguration of EDI/AS2 Runtime restores the EDI Application, now it works;)

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:50 PM