none
.NET document scanning API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for a .NET "scanning API" to scan the documents from .NET application, is there any any good example I can use for this. I want to launch .NET scanning application from another Visual basic application.

Thanks,

Rajeev

• Edited by Rajeev BR Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:25 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:17 PM

Answers

• There are WIA but it's not supported by lots of scanners.

TWAIN library is the most commonly supported one, but it's not come from Microsoft. (See the TWAIN for C# link for the SourceForge implementation for .NET)

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:26 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• There are WIA but it's not supported by lots of scanners.

TWAIN library is the most commonly supported one, but it's not come from Microsoft. (See the TWAIN for C# link for the SourceForge implementation for .NET)

Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response, if we use the TWAIN to develop the application used by browser, when the user try to scan the documents, so the TWAIN software need  to download and install the in the client system used in the browser ?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:43 PM
  • Hi

Is there any good full example using WIA  in  C#  .NET .

Thanks,

Rajeev

Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:19 PM
  • So you're building web applications?

If that's what you're after, you either use TWAIN on server to connect to a networked scanner (like those All-in-one print stations), or use HTML5 "media capture" support for file tag if you want to support scanner from a tablet that has camera.

You may also try to source Java Applet that supports TWAIN and use javascript to manipulate it.

Friday, October 31, 2014 2:23 AM
    Answerer
  • There used to be a sample about hosting control on IE that enables you to do what you want using WIA, but seems GotDotNet is down and can't search for it.
    Friday, October 31, 2014 2:28 AM
    Answerer
  • Humm... Please note that since we have policy of not supporting non-Microsoft component here, normally we'll just provide the name and link to the relevent component and let the forum users continue evaluate whether the component suits them in the remote site.

I'd probably spare you if you only choose to dig up 1 thread, but dig up 3 threads just to advertise your compoent? This is not acceptable.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 1:28 AM
    Answerer