Has anyone seen 'Ghosting' of textboxes when designing application for Mobile Devices? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My company is developing a custom application that uses a textbox for data entry on each page. What we are seeing is something that I call 'ghosting' - When you first come to the home page the entire field (including the cursor and the accompanying button) is not where the textbox is visually, it is lower. If i tap on the screen, hide the virtual keyboard, or do anything, the page 'corrects' itself and the cursor and button are now in the correct spot.

Has anyone encountered this problem/issue? And if so, have you found a resolution?

More info: I am using a Pocket SOMO 655 to view these web pages. The SOMO has Microsoft CE 6.5 and it's browser is 6.0

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:15 PM

All replies

• You mean the editor box will not behave well in the first opening; after a tap on the screen, it will be ok?

Please not forget mark your answer, and unmark your disagreed point.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Correct. The field (or editor box) is in the correct location; however, the cursor, field entry, and icon (which is coded to be along side the editor box) is showing further down. You can even enter information in that 'lowered' field (the keyboard is present when you go to a page). When you tap on the screen, the keyboard is hidden and the page corrects itself and the cursor focus is back on the visual editor box.
    Monday, October 8, 2012 2:02 PM