Failed Message Routing not working RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I have a receive port and a Send Port .In the Rv Port i have enabled Routing for failed Messages.

The send port is a file adapter and have a filter ErrorReport.ErrorType == FailedMessage & Receive Port Name.

When i drop a invalid Message to the Receive Location i am unable to get the Failed Message.

Where i am wrong ?

Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:51 PM

Answers

• If you have enabled the "Enable Routing for failed message"
    • if your send port has filter like this..
    • If you have enable the receive location
    • If you have enlisted the send port where the above filter is set for error report.
    • And if your host instance for receive location and send port is started, you shall get the errored message in the send port configured with error-report.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 13, 2015 7:03 AM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:22 PM

All replies

• If you have enabled the "Enable Routing for failed message"
    • if your send port has filter like this..
    • If you have enable the receive location
    • If you have enlisted the send port where the above filter is set for error report.
    • And if your host instance for receive location and send port is started, you shall get the errored message in the send port configured with error-report.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, March 13, 2015 7:03 AM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:22 PM
  • This could be because your ReceivePortName property is demoted. To avoid that the error message is routed to subscribers that actually are subscribing on you original messages its original properties are demoted. Think of it, otherwise all port that subscribe to messages (from a specific ReceivePortName for example) could end up getting the error message and ErrorReport.ErrorType == FailedMessage is not promoted.

Refer the article on how to achieve this: Failed Message Routing and Failed Orchestration Routing in BizTalk 2006

Using Failed Message Routing

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Try ErrorReport.ReceivePortName == [Your Receive Port] instead.

Morten la Cour

Thursday, March 5, 2015 5:21 PM
  • Basically, only Context Properties in the ErrorReport namespace can be used for Routing Failed Messages.
    Saturday, March 7, 2015 8:52 PM