accessing my stored procedures RRS feed

• Question

• a dumb question but you only know what you know (or can research)
    I have loads of stored procedures but seem to have lost the option to access/amend/create/list the existing stored procedures.
    There was a nice little icon which I could click to access various options but it has disappeared and I cannot find how to display it.
    Tried searching but  could spend months reading thru the search results for the answer!

thanks

michael

michael dean

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:20 PM

Answers

• You can get all your procedures:

SELECT * FROM sys.objects where type = 'P';

Also, SSMS Object Explorer, drill down the Programmability tab.

Kalman Toth Database & OLAP Architect sqlusa.com
    Paperback / Kindle: SQL Programming & Database Design Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:44 PM
  • I think that I will reload sql server . I might get the object explorer back that way.

If you entire Object Explorer is gone, press F8, or select it from the View menu.

By the way, it may help to restart SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), but please observe that SSMS is not SQL Server. SSMS is a client and SQL Server runs as a service.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:38 PM

All replies

• You can get all your procedures:

SELECT * FROM sys.objects where type = 'P';

Also, SSMS Object Explorer, drill down the Programmability tab.

Kalman Toth Database & OLAP Architect sqlusa.com
    Paperback / Kindle: SQL Programming & Database Design Using Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Saturday, March 23, 2013 1:44 PM
  • thanks
    I think that I will reload sql server . I might get the object explorer back that way.

regards

michael dean

Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:06 PM
  • Michael dean,

To view stored procedures in SSMS,View - > Object Explorer  (F8)- > Databases - > Programmability  ->Stored Procedures

Just try,

right-click on server - > Refresh

or

check whether you have applied any filter on StoredProcedures node by mistake

SELECT * FROM Sys.procedures

Thanks & Regards, sathya

Saturday, March 23, 2013 2:17 PM
  • I think that I will reload sql server . I might get the object explorer back that way.

If you entire Object Explorer is gone, press F8, or select it from the View menu.

By the way, it may help to restart SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), but please observe that SSMS is not SQL Server. SSMS is a client and SQL Server runs as a service.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 7:38 PM