Adding Article doesnt replicate in the existing publication RRS feed

• Question

• I have a transactional replication setup which is up and running.When I add a new article to the existing setup Im not able to replicate the article.

BELOW ARE THE FOLLOWING STEPS I PERFORMED:

exec sp_changepublication  @publication = 'marcus8_NonTracks',@property = 'immediate_sync', @value ='False'

Add article to the publisher from SSMS

Rerun the snapshot agent.

sp_refreshsubscriptions 'marcus8_NonTracks'

I see the file generated for the article in the snapshot folder  but its not reflecting in the subscriber.

Let me know if Im missing something

• Edited by venk_r Friday, November 18, 2011 3:30 PM
    Friday, November 18, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have a transactional replication setup which is up and running.When I add a new article to the existing setup Im not able to replicate the article.

BELOW ARE THE FOLLOWING STEPS I PERFORMED:

exec sp_changepublication  @publication = 'marcus8_NonTracks',@property = 'immediate_sync', @value ='False'

Add article to the publisher from SSMS

Rerun the snapshot agent.

sp_refreshsubscriptions 'marcus8_NonTracks'

I see the file generated for the article in the snapshot folder  but its not reflecting in the subscriber.

Let me know if Im missing something

Reinitialize a Subscription, it will work
    1. Connect to the Publisher in Management Studio, and then expand the server node.

2. Expand the Replication folder, and then expand the Local Publications folder.

3. Expand the publication that has the subscription you want to reinitialize.

4. Right-click the subscription, and then click Reinitialize.

5. In the Reinitialize Subscription(s) dialog box, select options, and then click Mark for Reinitialization.

Nareshkar Pakanati 

MCTS, MCITP SQL Server 2008 Admin
    My Blog: www.mssqlfix.com
    Twitter: @mssqlfix
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Please mark as Answered if I have answered your question Please vote if this was useful
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 10:27 AM
  • Reinitialization is not required.

After adding an article to an existing publication and generating a new snapshot, the Distribution Agent should then copy the schema and data for the newly added article to the Subscriber.  There should be no need to reinitialize.

Have a look at Adding Articles to and Dropping Articles from Existing Publications.

Hope this helps.
    www.sqlrepl.com

• Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Monday, November 21, 2011 7:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Thursday, November 24, 2011 8:16 AM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:05 PM
  • Checkout the status of the article in sysarticles and verify that there is any active sub for the art in syssubsription.
    -- Yaniv www.sqlserverutilities.com http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yaniv_etrogi
    Monday, November 21, 2011 7:59 AM