none
acceding to custom properties for main project task RRS feed

• Question

• hi to all

I need to acceed to field values of main task (that represent entire project)

I see that task when following properties is enabled:

I have some counters in my personal custom numbered fields; I report the sum of that fields on each summary task.

I would like to access (via VBA) the grand total (i.e. entire project) of that custom number fields

thank you

regards

db

Daniele.b75

Monday, July 4, 2016 1:40 PM

Answers

• Daniele.b75,

Sorry but I don't understand your sentence, "In front-end I see it correctly the grand total; but I need that grand-total (in your example "21") inside coding (VBA programming)."

What is "front-end" and what is "inside coding"?

Do you have some type of macro that you want to include the rolled up value of the Project Summary Task? If so, what is the context?

If you are simply looking for the VBA syntax to get data from the Project Summary Task, the following will read the Number1 value in my example above.

ActiveProject.ProjectSummaryTask.Number1

John

• Edited by John - Project Monday, July 4, 2016 6:58 PM syntax
    • Marked as answer by danieleb75 Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:47 AM
    Monday, July 4, 2016 4:29 PM
  • danieleb75,

One of the best places to find information for VBA is through the Object Browser which is available when in the Visual Basic Editor window. That's what I use.

John
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:47 PM

All replies

• Daniele.b75,

How exactly are you rolling up the custom number fields to summary lines? In the example below, I've set the option to rollup the sum of the Number1 field values to task group and summary rows. No VBA required.

If your scenario is different, please explain and if VBA is needed I'll help you out.

John

Monday, July 4, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Hi John, thank for your help.

yes, I set a sum roll-up.

In front-end I see it correctly the grand total; but I need that grand-total (in your example "21") inside coding (VBA programming).

thk

regards

db

Daniele.b75

• Edited by danieleb75 Monday, July 4, 2016 3:04 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Daniele.b75,

Sorry but I don't understand your sentence, "In front-end I see it correctly the grand total; but I need that grand-total (in your example "21") inside coding (VBA programming)."

What is "front-end" and what is "inside coding"?

Do you have some type of macro that you want to include the rolled up value of the Project Summary Task? If so, what is the context?

If you are simply looking for the VBA syntax to get data from the Project Summary Task, the following will read the Number1 value in my example above.

ActiveProject.ProjectSummaryTask.Number1

John

• Edited by John - Project Monday, July 4, 2016 6:58 PM syntax
    Monday, July 4, 2016 4:29 PM
  • Front-end I meant the MS client application (what a normal user see).

For back-end I meant the VBA code (macro).

Anyway... I was looking for "ActiveProject.ProjectSummaryTask.Number1", thank you!

Where can I find all syntax & command references for VBA in MS Project?

thank you.

Daniele.b75

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 7:12 AM
  • danieleb75,

One of the best places to find information for VBA is through the Object Browser which is available when in the Visual Basic Editor window. That's what I use.

John
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:47 PM