AFS force sync from cloud updated files. RRS feed

• Question

• I see that anything written to the cloud storage area doesn't get rep'd to local for up to 24 hours and I do understand you are working on that but I was curious is there a way to say force a sync every 10minutes etc?  Guessing not but thought I'd ask.

Is the bidirectional replication going to make it in GA or is that scheduled for a later date?

Thanks.

edit: after I thought about this I know you can't force a sync, so I guess my only question is will this make it into AFS GA?

• Edited by troth Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:13 PM

Answers

• The change enumeration job for the Azure file share runs every 24 hours and is not controllable. We’re planning improvements after Azure File Sync GA.

Azure File Sync does bidirectional sync between cloud and server endpoints. We’re planning to support cloud to cloud endpoint sync in the future (post-GA).

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:57 PM

All replies

• The change enumeration job for the Azure file share runs every 24 hours and is not controllable. We’re planning improvements after Azure File Sync GA.

Azure File Sync does bidirectional sync between cloud and server endpoints. We’re planning to support cloud to cloud endpoint sync in the future (post-GA).

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:57 PM
  • Hey Troth ,

Just checking in to see if the above suggestions helped or you need further assistance on this issue.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:15 PM
  • thanks,  suggestions didn't help but they did answer the question!
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:18 PM