none
Event ID 6398 in SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Event ID 6398 in SharePoint 2010

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.IndexingScheduleJobDefinition (ID 110d248d-da27-45a6-b652-aabaaf391dc2) threw an exception. More information is included below.

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0xfe64efcd; actual: 0xb4d47e9e). It occurred during a read of page (1:210288) in database ID 20 at offset 0x00000066ae0000 in file 'D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\M

SSQL\DATA\Search_Service_Application_PropertyStoreDB_ea29dfbe5f1142e2a8cd11c32c1c9089.mdf'.  Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC 
    CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

Sunday, January 10, 2016 8:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ghsajith,

For troubleshooting the issue, you could check things below:

1. Check if there is related information in the SQL Server error log and event log. And the SQL server error log is located at Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.n\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG and ERRORLOG.n files

2. Remove and recreate the search service application to check if it can work.

You could get the ID of search service application by Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -Identity <application name>. And remove the all configuration of the search service application by the STSADM -o deleteconfigurationobject -id <GUID>. Then recreate search service application.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 6:14 AM
  • For removing the search service application, can I use the Central Admin Interface or Power Shell Command  ? 

Monday, January 11, 2016 7:25 AM
  • Hi ghsajith,

You could remove the search service application by central administration or PowerShell.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 7:45 AM
  • The issue is with Search service application Property database. Instead of recreating the search service application, can i fix Search service application Property database   Search_Service_Application_PropertyStoreDB_ea29dfbe5f1142e2a8cd11c32c1c9089.mdf  

or create a new search service application property database.

Monday, January 11, 2016 8:19 PM
  • Hi ghsajith,

The .mdf file is corrupted. If you have backup of the search service application property database, then you could restore from it.

And you also could create a new search service application property database.

Step-by-Step: Provisioning the Search Service Application.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/wbaer/archive/2009/11/23/step-by-step-provisioning-the-search-service-application.aspx#CreatingProperty

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:05 AM
  • Thanks a lot. In case if I cannot restore the search service application property database from the backup, Can I create new search service application property database for the same search service application. 

What are the steps needs to be taken.  For example, do i need to search re index etc ?

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:35 AM
  • Hi ghsajith,

You could create a new property database and associate it to the search service application. You do not need to reset index.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

Add or remove a property database.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee805954(v=office.14).aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 9:46 AM
  • If I create a new property database, how can I retrieve the existing  crawled data, including properties, history, and crawl queues etc. 

Please find the current error recorded.

Event ID : 824

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0x00000000; actual signature: 0x44053208). It occurred during a read of page 

(1:210138) in database ID 20 at offset 0x000000669b4000 in file 'D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA

\Search_Service_Application_PropertyStoreDB_ea29dfbe5f1142e2a8cd11c32c1c9089.mdf'.  Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide 

more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC 

CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:39 PM
  • I am looking for power shell command (not the web interface) which can be used for moving Query Component from existing corrupted property database to the newly created property database.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:05 PM
  • Query topology activation job for search application Search Service Application Timer Progress  is showing 55% for a long time  if i use web interface.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:37 PM
  • Hi ghsajith,

If you want to move query component from existing property database to new property database by PowerShell, you could set the property database for the current query topology by the command “Set-SPEnterpriseSearchIndexPartition”.

You could get the current query topology according to the search service application by the command “Get-SpEnterpriseSearchQueryTopology”. And get the current index partition according to the query topology by the command “Get-SPEnterpriseSearchIndexPartition” . Then set the property database for the query topology by the command “Set-SPEnterpriseSearchIndexPartition”.

Get-SpEnterpriseSearchQueryTopology.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607668(v=office.14).aspx

Get-SPEnterpriseSearchIndexPartition.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607717(v=office.14).aspx

Set-SPEnterpriseSearchIndexPartition.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff607567(v=office.14).aspx

Create search topology with PowerShell - Part 2.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/okoestner/archive/2012/04/24/create-search-topology-with-powershell-part-2.aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:53 AM
  • Getting the following error while running the command

PS C:\Users\spadmin> $searchapp = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication "Sear
    ch Service Application"
    PS C:\Users\spadmin> $qtopo = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryTopology -SearchApplica
    tion $searchapp
    PS C:\Users\spadmin> $qtopo2 = New-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryTopology -SearchApplic
    ation $searchapp -QueryTopology $qtopo -Clone
    New-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryTopology : Cannot convert 'System.Object[]' to the t
    ype 'Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Cmdlet.QueryTopologyPipeBind' required by p
    arameter 'QueryTopology'. Specified method is not supported.
    At line:1 char:91
    + $qtopo2 = New-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryTopology -SearchApplication $searchapp -
    QueryTopology <<<<  $qtopo -Clone
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-SPEnterpriseSearchQuer
       yTopology], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgument,Microsoft.Office.Server.Se
       arch.Cmdlet.NewSearchQueryTopology

PS C:\Users\spadmin>

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:00 AM
  • Event Viewer Message

The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPTimerRecycleJobDefinition (ID 4d2df57d-0d2a-484c-84ac-1a448316710f) threw an exception. More information is included below.

The timer service was not recycled because the following jobs were still running: Configuring the existing search service application Search Service Application., Topology commit timer job for search application Search Service Application., Database repartitioning timer job for search application Search Service Application on SP-APP., Query topology activation job for search application Search Service Application.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:26 AM
  • When I try to remove property database using the following command, get this error : Property database can be deleted only when there are no partitions assigned to it.

Remove-SPEnterpriseSearchPropertyDatabase -Identity Search_Service_Application_PropertyStoreDB_ea29dfbe5f1142e2a8cd11c32c1c9089 -SearchApplication "Search Service Application"

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 9:10 AM
  • Errors were encountered during the configuration of the Search Service Application. 

System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported. at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchConfigWizard.UpdateSearchApp() at 
    Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchConfigWizard.ProvisionSearchServiceApplication() at 
    Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchConfigurationJobDefinition.ExecuteTimerJob()

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 12:00 PM
  • After I created new search service application, when I access the new Search Administration Page, I get the following error.

System.InvalidOperationException: The search service is not able to connect to the machine that hosts the administration component. Verify that the administration component in search application is in a good state and try again. 

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:14 PM
  • Hi ghsajith,

Sorry for delayed reply.

You could make sure the domain account has the full permission to create search service application.

And then you could follow the steps in the article to troubleshooting the issue.

SharePoint 2010 - Search service is not able to connect to Administration component server.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/poojk/archive/2011/11/28/sharepoint-2010-search-service-is-not-able-to-connect-to-administration-component-server.aspx

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, January 18, 2016 1:20 AM