none
Has anyone researched using DevArt Entity Developer vs. LLBLGen vs. Sparx Enterprise Architect? RRS feed

• General discussion

• EF Model First and Database First approaches are being dropped in EF7, since MSFT chose not to fix the numerous bugs and lack of features in those two design approaches that used the EDM Designer, rather than make MF, DF and CF interoperable, which would have been my preference, as each approach has its pros and cons.

I want a designer alternative, so has anyone researched using DevArt Entity Developer vs. LLBLGen vs. Sparx Enterprise Architect for enhancing and maintaining a SQL Server database that is used via Entity Framework 6? I like designers in spite of the claims real developers don't, as they are very useful when creating and visualizing complex entity relationships, and when communicating database design to others.

Thanks, Dave

Dave

• Changed type Fred BaoModerator Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:06 AM Not a specific question about Entity Framework
    Monday, May 4, 2015 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Dave,

I am afraid this issue is beyond the scope of our support for this forum which is used to discuss about issues related with Entity Framework itself, for what you are asking, I suggest that you could post it to these specific forums: Sparx Systems Forum, Devart Forums, LLBLGen forum, there are specific experts would help you about this issue.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:23 AM
  • Perhaps but had MSFT actually fixed EF rather than abandoning MF and DF I wouldn't have to ask...

Dave

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 3:04 AM
  • Hello Dave,

>>Perhaps but had MSFT actually fixed EF rather than abandoning MF and DF I wouldn't have to ask...

This blog:http://blogs.msdn.com/b/adonet/archive/2014/10/21/ef7-what-does-code-first-only-really-mean.aspx shows that team still has a consideration to add generate a read-only visualization of a code-based model. I suggest you could wait for the official release version to see if it would provide this fuction.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:33 AM