SSRS Report Explorer icon is not shown RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed SQL Reporting Service web parts from RSWebParts.cab, which came with SQL 2012. The icons for these web parts are not shown in the web part list. The icon link points to <page address>/_WPR_/report_explorer.gif and file does not exist there. The quick check shows that file does exist, but in a different place _wpresources\RSWebParts\8.0.242.0__89845dcd8080cc91\report_explorer.gif .

This is not the first time when Sharepoint can't find files it installed itself and this is pretty disappointing...

I am running Sharepoint 2010 Foundation within Windows 7 environment. I am wondering are these problems somehow related to the fact that Sharepoint is installed in Windows 7, which is not its natural operating system? Would they disappear if Sharepoint was installed within Windows 2008 server? 

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:05 AM

Answers

• can reproduce what you describe, a temporay workaround is to create a virtual directory in IIS named _WPR_ point to where is the icons stored actually.
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:15 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:53 AM

All replies

• so, you have followed steps in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159772.aspx to install RSwebparts.cab?

Can you find the solution named rswebparts.cab with status deployed to the desired web application in Central Administration->system settings->manage farm solutions?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:10 AM
  • so, you have followed steps in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159772.aspx to install RSwebparts.cab?

Yes

Can you find the solution named rswebparts.cab with status deployed to the desired web application in Central Administration->system settings->manage farm solutions?

Yes. And it indicates that "The solution was successfully deployed."
    Saturday, June 2, 2012 4:02 AM
  • can reproduce what you describe, a temporay workaround is to create a virtual directory in IIS named _WPR_ point to where is the icons stored actually.
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:15 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:53 AM