Best way to handle large data and keep xap file small as possible

Question

• Hey, I have question about what is the best way to handle large amout of data in grid template.. I want to developing same app in windows 8.1 and wp8. In my app there will be data of companies.. Image, texts, links, maps etc... So what is the best way to handle data?

And I want to keep install file small as possible. Thank you!

Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Answers

• Hi Jed934g,

>And I want to keep install file small as possible.

From your description, I think the size of your app based on the large data. It will be smaller if the large data comes from web service via internet. So if possible, build a WCF service or other service to server the large data.

>best way to handle large amout of data in grid template

As I know, we can use GeneratorIncrementalLoadingClass to implement partial read. You don’t need to bind all data to control. When you drag close to the bottom of the control, it will load the next data for you. You can download the code sample from http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Data-Binding-7b1d67b5. See IncrementalLoading feature in project.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:54 AM