connecting to presto (ssl Enabled) using keystore.jks via Azure Databricks cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm Trying to connect to presto database (ssl Enabled) from scala application via Azure Databricks cluster.

I have uploaded my keystore.jks file to Databricks to path: /dbfs/streamsets/staging/presto_keystore.jks

When I run task or a job which reads data from presto DB getting this exception  in Databricks cluster logs

20/05/11 07:21:53 ERROR TransformerDriverTopLevelError: java.sql.SQLException: Error executing query
    java.sql.SQLException: Error executing query
    at com.facebook.presto.jdbc.PrestoStatement.internalExecute(PrestoStatement.java:279)
    at com.facebook.presto.jdbc.PrestoStatement.execute(PrestoStatement.java:228)
    at com.facebook.presto.jdbc.PrestoStatement.executeQuery(PrestoStatement.java:77)
    at com.streamsets.pipeline.spark.origin.jdbc.JDBCOrigin.init(JDBCOrigin.scala:82)
    at com.streamsets.datatransformer.dag.BaseBatchDAGRunner$$anonfun$generateDAG$8.apply(BaseBatchDAGRunner.scala:313)
    at com.streamsets.datatransformer.dag.BaseBatchDAGRunner$$anonfun$generateDAG$8.apply(BaseBatchDAGRunner.scala:311)
    at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$flatMap$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:241)
    at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$flatMap$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:241)
    at scala.collection.mutable.HashMap$$anon$2$$anonfun$foreach$3.apply(HashMap.scala:139)
    at scala.collection.mutable.HashMap$$anon$2$$anonfun$foreach$3.apply(HashMap.scala:139)

Seems that issue with reading SSL keystore.

Can anyone please let me know steps to connect to presto DB via azure Databricks.

and where should we place Keystore file in the cluster and how can we use it's path. We are using Run time databricks cluster

with http connection (where no keystore file is not required) I am able to read data from presto DB via azure databricks.

Thanks in Advance,

Murthy

• Edited by Murthy N Wednesday, May 13, 2020 5:37 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2020 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Murthy N,

For a deeper investigation and immediate assistance on this issue, if you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter. 

Subject of the email: <ATTN: PRADEEP - connecting to presto (ssl Enabled) using keystore.jks via Azure Databricks cluster>

Thread URL: connecting to presto (ssl Enabled) using keystore.jks via Azure Databricks cluster

Subscription ID: 

Please let me know here once you have done the same.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:20 AM
  • Hi Murthy N,

We have not received a response from you.  Are you still facing the issue?  If you found a solution, would you please share it here with the community?  Otherwise, please do email the details requested by Pradeep, for deeper analysis. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 10:07 PM