none
Installing and configuring SharePoint 2013 Workflow setup

Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have encountered a issue in my Dev Environment (single server with SQL management studio) in it. I have configured properly and after few months when i try to trigger WF, it showed me an error "Something went Wrong. Try reloading again......." I have checked services. 1. Service Bus Gateway - Running, 2. Service Bus message Broker - Starting, 3. Windows Fabric Host service - Running. 4. Workflow Backened - Running.

I have got no idea why this service bus message broker stuck in "Starting". I tried killing service bus message broker thru Task Manager and re-run all the services. Still the issue exits. Next I tried Removing SBHost from the Farm. When i  tried Adding back, it gave me some errors like "parameters are not recognized" in WF manager powershell. After all i tried to un-install everything and install and configure back again fro the scratch. During the installation created new Databases for the WF Farm and Service Bus Farm. Here comes my question. When i create new Databases, what will happen to old databases which contains old workflows. And how to nail it down the "Service Bus Message Broker" starting status to Running.

Any Suggestions .......!

Regards,

Mike.

Saturday, March 11, 2017 4:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Nothing will happen to the old workflow databases except you remove them from SQL Server.

For the "Service Bus Message Broker" stuck in starting issue, please run the command “Get-SBFarmStatus” to see the status of the servers.

If there are any server not responding, please restart the servers and then check what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 13, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Hi Victoria,

Thank you for your reply. When I checked the "Get-SBFarmStatus" I see the status for Service Bus Message Broker was "Starting Pending" rest of them were in running status. When I tried to kill the process through task manager and restart the Service, it showed me the below error.

What might caused the problem...?

Monday, March 13, 2017 3:43 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Please check Event Viewer for more detailed error message on the Workflow Manager Server.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:26 AM