Calculated Fields in RDLC reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, am having a calculated filed in a view(query) in ms sql server 2008, but the field do not display in ms report viewer (rdlc).

please i need your assistance.

am new in programming. thanks

Friday, July 15, 2016 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Abu.Muadh,

In your scenario, you use the query in SSMS to retrieve a calculated field which is not exists in the source table. And you want to get this calculated field in .RDLC dataset, right?

However, in report view control the dataset only retrieves the existing fields in table. We are not able to use T-sql query or Calculated Field feature to get this custom filed.  If you want to get this calculated field, I would suggest you put this field into a temp table, and use a dataset to get this temp table.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Friday, July 22, 2016 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xi Jin Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:34 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 10:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Abu, can you kindly post here your view?
    Friday, July 15, 2016 10:22 AM
  • Hi Abu.Muadh,

In your scenario, you use the query in SSMS to retrieve a calculated field which is not exists in the source table. And you want to get this calculated field in .RDLC dataset, right?

However, in report view control the dataset only retrieves the existing fields in table. We are not able to use T-sql query or Calculated Field feature to get this custom filed.  If you want to get this calculated field, I would suggest you put this field into a temp table, and use a dataset to get this temp table.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

• Proposed as answer by Xi Jin Friday, July 22, 2016 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xi Jin Saturday, July 23, 2016 2:34 AM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 10:13 AM