none
Outlook 2013 Debug Step Into F8 beeps only RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to debug an Outlook module "Public Sub saveAttachmentAll(itm As Outlook.MailItem)" before using it in "ThisOutlookSession" and the F8 will not step through the module and only beeps. All my other VB f8 debugging works fine in Access.
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:26 PM

Answers

• I am trying to run the script from a rule instance. Did a test with just the Sub Test () for a MsgBox and can get that to work at least. But after another attempt even with all macros enabled, there is no scripts in the run script dialog even listed after restart of Outlook 2013 64 bit.

Not having this issue with my work computer for a similar script to save attachments, which has the enable all macros selected, but it is an Outlook 2010 32 bit system along with my home laptop. The home computer I am troubleshooting it on also, is Outlook 2013 64 bit with PtrSafe added where needed.

It sounds like a Norton antivirus issue or a security certificate, so I will just log into the work computer and keep it on the system it is eventually intended for.

Thanks though for the help Eugene.

• Marked as answer by BrianM1962 Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:18 PM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:18 PM

All replies

• The method accepts an instance of the MailItem class. Where and how do you call it passing an instance of the MailItem class?

See the Getting Started with VBA in Outlook 2010 article in MSDN at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ee814736(v=office.14).aspx

Saturday, August 16, 2014 2:47 PM
  • I am trying to run the script from a rule instance. Did a test with just the Sub Test () for a MsgBox and can get that to work at least. But after another attempt even with all macros enabled, there is no scripts in the run script dialog even listed after restart of Outlook 2013 64 bit.

Not having this issue with my work computer for a similar script to save attachments, which has the enable all macros selected, but it is an Outlook 2010 32 bit system along with my home laptop. The home computer I am troubleshooting it on also, is Outlook 2013 64 bit with PtrSafe added where needed.

It sounds like a Norton antivirus issue or a security certificate, so I will just log into the work computer and keep it on the system it is eventually intended for.

Thanks though for the help Eugene.

• Marked as answer by BrianM1962 Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:18 PM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:18 PM