Server Monitoring

Question

• Hi,

I want to develop small application (one interface) in .Net for monitoring server like cpu/memery/processes and disk utilisation.

Please guide me on same and provide piece of source code for that so that i can start working on that.

Thanks

Jumbu

Thanks, Jumbu

Friday, December 21, 2012 5:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Jumbu,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Generally, we can use this class: PerformanceCounter

And here is a code project for your reference: http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/8590/An-Introduction-To-Performance-Counters  

Although the .NET Framework provides usage of performance counters under the System.Diagnosticsnamespace, for some reason, documentation on it does little cover using performance counters for average duration per execution. When starting using PerformanceCounterType.AverageTimer32, performance monitor did not show the expected results.

I started to dig into CodeProject and some newsgroups, and found many articles covering the same problem. After I found the solution, I started to write an article, which introduces using performance counters in .NET and especially how to use AverageTimer32 performance counter. So here it is!

And this codeplex: http://perfmoncounterhelper.codeplex.com/  

Performance Counter Helper makes it easier for developers to develop applications that use Performance Counter to monitor the health of the application. You will no longer have think how to log into Perfmon. It's developed in C#. 

Using this library will let you add some custom counters into your perfmon, giving your applications the ability to inform its health and how it is doing its work.

I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 24, 2012 2:27 AM