none
Region Name Requirements RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm going to deploy an Azure Stack version 1807. Can anyone tell me if "pv-es" is valid region name? Which are the requirement for the region name?

Thanks

Monday, September 10, 2018 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

It cannot contain special characters and -. 

So only letters and numbers are part of the region name you can choose. The regex patterns is as follow:

[ValidatePattern("^[0-9a-zA-Z]+$")]

Best regards, Mark Scholman. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 10, 2018 11:14 AM
  • I was asked to update the docs for this yesterday, and now the change is live at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-datacenter-integration#identity-considerations

The doc now also states: "The region name must consist of only letters and numbers between 0-9. No special characters like “-“ or “#”, etc. are allowed."

Jeff Gilbert, Azure Stack docs lead

Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

It cannot contain special characters and -. 

So only letters and numbers are part of the region name you can choose. The regex patterns is as follow:

[ValidatePattern("^[0-9a-zA-Z]+$")]

Best regards, Mark Scholman. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 10, 2018 11:14 AM
  • Hi Mark,

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any Microsoft documentation where this requirement is said? Our problem is that our customer filled the CDW Excel for the 1805 verson, and we weren't awered of this requirement and the customer generated the certificate using this region name "pv-es", so now he has to regenerate the certificate and I would like to have a document (site) which support is requirement.

Again, thank you very much.

Regards

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:50 AM
  • I do not believe that this is documented, but I will check. If not, I will follow up and make sure that this gets documented in the future. 
    Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:56 PM
  • I was asked to update the docs for this yesterday, and now the change is live at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-datacenter-integration#identity-considerations

The doc now also states: "The region name must consist of only letters and numbers between 0-9. No special characters like “-“ or “#”, etc. are allowed."

Jeff Gilbert, Azure Stack docs lead

Thursday, September 13, 2018 2:23 PM