Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel Could not load or find RRS feed

• Question

• User-1542511547 posted

I have created a web report using reportviewer.  The report works fine on my VS 2008 Development PC.  When I put the report on the webserver, the report runs but nothing is displayed - just a blank white screen.  When I view source of the page, I see an error message in the code regarding Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.

On my PC, I can see this DLL in the Windows Assemblies for both version 8 and 9 but I can not find it anyplace else.  I checked the webserver and it is there in versions 8 and 9.  I also checked token keys on both and they match.  For some reason, the web is not seeing it.  I tried to bind to the project locally but because it is in assemblies, it won't let me.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Copy of error/code below:

<body>
        <form name="frmAvgDailyPatients" method="post" action="rptAvgDailyPatients.aspx" id="frmAvgDailyPatients">
    <div>
    <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUKMTA2MjUxMTM1NA9kFgICAw9kFgICAQ8UKwAEZCgpWFN5c3RlbS5HdWlkLCBtc2NvcmxpYiwgVmVyc2lvbj0yLjAuMC4wLCBDdWx0dXJlPW5ldXRyYWwsIFB1YmxpY0tleVRva2VuPWI3N2E1YzU2MTkzNGUwODkkMzcyMzkzZjUtNTVlMi00OGIwLTk4ZGYtYmVkNDQyNjM2YjJmAgEUKwABFCsAAmZkFgRmDw8WAh4HVmlzaWJsZWhkZAIBDw8WAh8AaGRkZCyU+Z4ITjmqMo3H7LiIaDYu0WLk" />
    </div>

<script src="/TempWeb/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?OpType=Resource&amp;Version=9.0.21022.227&amp;Name=Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Scripts.ReportViewer.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
         <div align="center">
             <div id="rvAvgDlyPat" style="display:inline-block;color:White;height:8in;width:10.5in;">
    <ul>
             <li style="font-family:Verdana;font-weight:normal;font-size:8pt;display:inline;">An error occurred during local report processing.</li><ul>
                    <li style="font-family:Verdana;font-weight:normal;font-size:8pt;display:inline;">The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid.</li><ul>
                            <li style="font-family:Verdana;font-weight:normal;font-size:8pt;display:inline;">An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing.</li><ul>
                                    <li style="font-family:Verdana;font-weight:normal;font-size:8pt;display:inline;">Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.</li>
                            </ul>
                    </ul>
             </ul>
    </ul>
    </div>

</div>
        </form>
    </body>

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:29 PM

Answers

• User-8475372 posted

Either remove 10.0 version from the server or, in your code, point it to 10.0

Normally, even if this exists, things will work for the report viewer. But, given the circumstances, just give it a try. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:29 PM

All replies

• User-37275327 posted

Install the report runtime on the server. if it 2010 download & install

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=6442

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:18 AM
  • User-1542511547 posted

cnranasinghe,

I had installed 2005 and 2008.  I downloaded and installed 2010.  Issue still the same.

Douglas

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:32 PM
  • User-8475372 posted

First thing, check your report viewer version in the web.config. 

Install/Re-install that version of reportviewer in your server. 

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:40 PM
  • User-1542511547 posted

Srikanth,

Project references are 9.0.0.0 - Web Config is 9.0.0.0

Assemblies show 8.0.0.0, 9.0.0.0, and now 10.0.0.0

Could there be a conflict in version?  Maybe I should remove 8.0.0.0 and 10.0.0.0?

Also, in looking at my webconfig, I don't see anywhere ProcessingObjectModel.  Is this correct?

Below is a partial view of the webconfig (minus my data connection strings)

<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
    			<assemblies>
    				<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    				<add assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    				<add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>
    			<buildProviders>
    				<add extension=".rdlc" type="Microsoft.Reporting.RdlBuildProvider, Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    			</buildProviders>
    		</compilation>
    		<pages>
    			<namespaces>
    				<clear/>
    				<add namespace="System"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Collections"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Collections.Generic"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Text"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Linq"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Xml.Linq"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
    				<add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
    			</namespaces>
    			<controls>
    				<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    				<add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></controls></pages>
    		<!--
                The <authentication> section enables configuration 
                of the security authentication mode used by 
                ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
            -->
    		<authentication mode="Windows"/>
    		<!--
                The <customErrors> section enables configuration 
                of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs 
                during the execution of a request. Specifically, 
                it enables developers to configure html error pages 
                to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
                <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
                <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
            </customErrors>
            -->
    		<httpHandlers>
    			<add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    			<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>
    			<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    			<add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    			<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></httpHandlers>
    		<httpModules>
    			<add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></httpModules></system.web>
    	<system.codedom>
    			<compilers>
    				<compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" warningLevel="4">
    					<providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>
    					<providerOption name="OptionInfer" value="true"/>
    					<providerOption name="WarnAsError" value="false"/></compiler></compilers></system.codedom>
    	<!-- 
            The system.webServer section is required for running ASP.NET AJAX under Internet
            Information Services 7.0.  It is not necessary for previous version of IIS.
        -->
    	<system.webServer>
    			<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
    		<modules>
    			<remove name="ScriptModule"/>
    			<add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></modules>
    		<handlers>
    			<remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>
    			<remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory"/>
    			<remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices"/>
    			<remove name="ScriptResource"/>
    			<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    			<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    			<add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></handlers></system.webServer>
    	<runtime>
    		<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    			<dependentAssembly>
    				<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    				<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/></dependentAssembly>
    			<dependentAssembly>
    				<assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    				<bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0"/></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding></runtime></configuration>

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:26 PM
  • User-8475372 posted

Either remove 10.0 version from the server or, in your code, point it to 10.0

Normally, even if this exists, things will work for the report viewer. But, given the circumstances, just give it a try. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 2:29 PM
  • User-1542511547 posted

I removed 10 - No Change

I removed 8 - Yah!  It works.

Thank you very much.  Now I have some major reports to write and publish.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:54 PM
  • User-223646125 posted

for IIS 7 , following link can resolve the issue.

http://ericphan.info/blog/2008/12/8/reservedreportviewerwebcontrolaxd-not-found.html

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:52 AM
  • User-223646125 posted

-- OR --

Visual Studio had edited the web.config based on the IIS 6.0 model and had made an entry for the Http Handler under the <httpHandler> section. With IIS 7.0 this section is no longer read. So we need to make the proper entries for the Http Handler that handles the calls to Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd

<system.webServer>

<handlers>

<add name="ReportViewerWebControl" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>

</handlers>

</system.webServer>

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:48 AM