none
Microsoft Speech RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a number limit that the Microsoft TTS_MS_en-US_Helen_11.0 audio can read out? In my App, I entered $100000 (One Hundred Thousand dollars), the TTS read it back correctly, but when i tried entering anything greater the $100000 (One Hundred Thousand dollars) It read back each digit of the number and not the number as whole.

Eg :- $100000 was read back as One Hundred Thousand dollars. But $100001 is read back as dollar one zero zero zero zero one.

Could someone suggest how to address this issue? 
    Friday, August 12, 2016 5:19 AM

Answers

• No I couldn't find any such token in the Registry.

The steps to reproduce is to simply enter  the value $100000 as input to the Speak API and let it read the input data out.

In my case the input string was "You entered $100000.   If this is correct, press ENTER again.  To clear your entry and start again, press clear." Here $100000 is read back as "One Hundred Thousand dollars"

But when I enter anything greater than $100000 say "100001", in this case the input string being "You entered $100001.   If this is correct, press ENTER again.  To clear your entry and start again, press clear."

Here $100001 is read back as "one zero zero zero zero one".

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Shiv Suresh,

Based on my search. All the keys and values for TTS_MS_en-US_Helen_11.0 are located under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech Server\v11.0\Voices\Tokens\TTS_MS_en-US_Helen_11.0.

So I am not sure whether the $100000 number is token. Did you find similar token in the specified file.

Could you please tell us steps that how to reproduce your issue. I want to confirm the question whether it is bug.

If yes, I can post the bug on connect.microsoft web site

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 12, 2016 9:26 AM
  • No I couldn't find any such token in the Registry.

The steps to reproduce is to simply enter  the value $100000 as input to the Speak API and let it read the input data out.

In my case the input string was "You entered $100000.   If this is correct, press ENTER again.  To clear your entry and start again, press clear." Here $100000 is read back as "One Hundred Thousand dollars"

But when I enter anything greater than $100000 say "100001", in this case the input string being "You entered $100001.   If this is correct, press ENTER again.  To clear your entry and start again, press clear."

Here $100001 is read back as "one zero zero zero zero one".

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Hi Shiv Suresh,

Thank you for feedback.

>>The steps to reproduce is to simply enter  the value $100000 as input to the Speak API and let it read the input data out.

It is difficult to replicate the phenomenon for us. If possible, Could you provide demo for us to test?

You can post the detailed information to connect website.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

I was able to resolve the issue the input to the TTS_MS_en-US_Helen_11.0 audio had to be formatted.

for example one hundred thousand should be input as 100,000 and not just 100000. Thanks for your help and support.

for any number greater than 100,000 you will have to format the input..

Regards,

Shiv

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing your solution.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:13 AM