Hosting an Asp.net website in cloud hosting RRS feed

• Question

• User-1585918428 posted

I wonder if asp.net website can be hosted in cloud hosting. anyone doing it? which provider you are using? is the setting complicated compare to share hosting? 

thanks for sharing your views

Friday, October 2, 2020 4:34 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

as this is an azure forum, azure is really easy. both visual studio, and visual studio code can deploy the site to azure. azure has templates for asp.net 4.7 and core 3.1 hosting. 

Tuesday, October 6, 2020 6:12 PM
  • User932909087 posted

I wonder if asp.net website can be hosted in cloud hosting. anyone doing it? which provider you are using? is the setting complicated compare to share hosting? 

thanks for sharing your views

Azure is easy to use and deploy. The problem is they are expensive. For small website, I believe that shared hosting should be OK. I personally use Asphostportal and I never had any serious problem with them. I can't recommend them enough for .net hosting. 

Thursday, October 8, 2020 4:15 AM
  • User503812343 posted

azure is easy, efficient, easy to scale up or scale down compare to shared hosting. However, it is expensing than shared hosting.

So if you are just hosting for few static/dynamic pages, shared hosting is recommended 

Tuesday, January 5, 2021 12:59 PM
  • User-2054057000 posted

Both Azure and ASP.NET are Microsoft's products so they are bound to work together. No problems of any sort. Azure is very good and you get full control of hosting. You can host your site by publishing it though Visual Studio or you can upload it through docker container and Kubernetes to. Kubernetes is the future of deployment of an app and Azure has Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) for it.

You can see this video where app is hosted on azure using AKS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYIm_swpCoY.

Also look for pricings of services you use in Azure. Like there is a pricing for:

a. Azure App Services.

b. AKS

c. Databases

d. Registries

etc.

Saturday, April 3, 2021 5:07 PM
  • User-1361507163 posted

azure is easy, efficient, easy to scale up or scale down compare to shared hosting. However, it is expensing than shared hosting.

So if you are just hosting for few static/dynamic pages, shared hosting is recommended 

Also using azure hosting for my site, it's one of the best hosts with good customer support which I'll recommend using..

Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:00 PM