• Question

• User663783470 posted

Hi,

I need a little bit of advice on designing a solution using asp.net mvc 4. I have several machines and each of these machines need to be accessible remotely(from any where using thier IP address in the browser) and it has static IPs. Users must be able to test some hardware on these machines individually. Since it needs remote accessibility I made it as a web app. My concern is when I make changes to the web application, I need to distribute those changes to all these machines. What is the best way to do this and is this architecture a good one? Right now each time I make changes I put it in all machines using xcopy command, but I know this is not the efficient way of ditrcibuting to machines when code changes. there could be several 100 machines in the future.

Second question :

Each buttons on the website(a particular webpage) needs users to log in since same machine can be accessed locally(in the lab) as well and we want to record who clicked which button. Since users can access the same machine locally as well as remotely by typing in the IP address, if the user is accessing it from his own machine(remotely-sitting at his cube), then it should use single sign on and it must not prompt for a password for each button click. But if the user is accessing this machine at its location(locally-lab) then each button click must ask for userid and password.

What is the best way to implement this using asp.net mvc? Please advice.

Thanks

MB

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 6:50 PM

Answers

• User-902516579 posted

Hi,

Try using Webdeploy for your deplyoments.

Try using Windows Authentication for your internal user and OAuth for your external access.

You can create a URL Rewrite rule to check if they are internal or external and then redirect them to different web sites pointing to the same source.  This would allow you to have different authentication protocols.

HTH, Benjamin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:40 AM