none
BUILDING A SINGLE EXE FROM OUTLOOK ADDIN PROJECT FOR DIFFERENT OUTLOOK VERSIONS RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE CREATED AN OUTLOOK ADDIN PROJECT FOR OFFICE 2007 IN VS2010. IT RUNS FINE IN OUTLOOK 2010 VERSION. BUT IT DOES NOT RUN IN OUTLOOK 2013.SO I HAD TO RECREATE THE SAME ADDIN PROJECT IN VS2013 WHICH RUNS AS DESIRED IN OUTLOOK 2013. I WANT THIS TO RUN ON ALL OUTLOOK VERSIONS WITHOUT HAVING TO RECREATE THE PROJECT FOR EACH NEW RELEASE OF THE OUTLOOK. PLEASE HELP.
    • Moved by Jiayi Li Monday, August 3, 2015 1:26 AM
    Friday, July 31, 2015 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Manas Mighty,

This forum is about Visual Studio Setup and Installation, as your issue is about building a single exe from outlook, I'm afraid it is not related to Visual Studio Setup and Installation, it would be related to outlook for developers, I help you move this case to outlook for developers forum for dedicated support: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 3, 2015 1:25 AM
  • An addin that runs under Outlook 2010 should be fine in Outlook 2013. Did you try to debug it and check what exactly did not work?

P.S. There is no reason to yell.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Monday, August 3, 2015 2:08 AM
  • Hello Manas,

> BUT IT DOES NOT RUN IN OUTLOOK 2013

Do you get any error or exception in the code? Could you please be more specific?

There is no need to create a separate add-in project for each Office version. See Running Solutions in Different Versions of Microsoft Office for more information.

Monday, August 3, 2015 12:46 PM
  • Hi Mans,

How did you deploy the Outlook add-in? As far as I know, we can deploy the Office solution by ClickOnce and Windows Installer. You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Deploying an Office Solution

And here is a helpful link for troubleshooting Office solution deployment:

Troubleshooting Office Solution Deployment

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:35 AM