"Cannot create the project-application not installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to Visual Studio 2010 on my Windows 7 pc and I am having a problem creating any Microsoft Office Project.

The error I get is: "Cannot create the project because the application associated with this project type is not installed on this computer. You must install the Microsoft Office application that is associated with this project type." I have Microsoft Office 2010 (beta) installed and since it is Windows 7 have all the .Net Frameworks are installed.

I am careful to choose Word 2010 and never Word 2007.

Monday, October 25, 2010 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi TABigg,

In VS2010, it will both support the development of Office2010 and Office2007. If you only install Office2010 on the computer,
    then you can create Office2010 project but Office2007. If you want to create Office project for Office 2007, you must install
    Office2007. And you can try to repair Office installation to see if it will fix the problem. Try to uninstall the Office 2010 solution
    and VSTO 2010 runtime, then re-install the Full version of Office 2010 and then the VSTO Runtime, it is possible there are
    some cross over in installation information for the project path's to work.

Here is a thread about the same problem
    Cannot create Office project
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/caf08a9e-9dea-41f9-b293-e444dda70866

Also Trouble Shooting Design Time Errors in Office Solutions.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/h8c469ey.aspx

Hope they will be helpful. Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Amy Li
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Li Monday, November 1, 2010 1:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Li Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:30 AM