none
Remove third party adapter RRS feed

• Question

• We got 4 servers in live, and happened to install eval version of third party adapter on all 4 servers, now we got license only for 3 servers(for various reasons). Now, needs to uninstall the adapter from 4th server and also make sure no ports with that adatper
    run on that server. How should I achieve it ?
    I'm thining to remove the host instance(of 4th server) from the hosts on both receive(including cluster) and send handlers, so that
    -all receive locations don't use the 4th server for that adapter
    -all send ports don't use the 4th server for that adapter

-rest of the host instance continue to load balanced among other 3 servers

Is this something normal scenario or any better improvements to solution ?

Thanks
    Bhava

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:49 PM

Answers

• I don’t see any issue with this. As your application will up and running in other 3 servers bringing down on 1 will not have any negative impact.

Ensure you bring down the receive location on that server first so that no new message is picked. Before you remove an adapter handler, you must remove all receive locations or send ports with which it is associated.

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:14 PM
  • This is normal. Host instances decides the runtime and if you're restricting the host instance to just 3 server, then the  runtime of the adapter is restricted to 3 servers.

But it’s always better to check with this set up with the licensing team of the 3rd party adapter. I have seen some crazy licenses conditions where they sometimes don't event allow to install their component in whole farm.

If it’s a standard licenses agreement then your above suggestion should be okay.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Bhava Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:37 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:43 PM

All replies

• I don’t see any issue with this. As your application will up and running in other 3 servers bringing down on 1 will not have any negative impact.

Ensure you bring down the receive location on that server first so that no new message is picked. Before you remove an adapter handler, you must remove all receive locations or send ports with which it is associated.

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:14 PM
  • This is normal. Host instances decides the runtime and if you're restricting the host instance to just 3 server, then the  runtime of the adapter is restricted to 3 servers.

But it’s always better to check with this set up with the licensing team of the 3rd party adapter. I have seen some crazy licenses conditions where they sometimes don't event allow to install their component in whole farm.

If it’s a standard licenses agreement then your above suggestion should be okay.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

• Marked as answer by Bhava Wednesday, January 28, 2015 5:37 PM
    Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:43 PM