VS2005 Platform Builder Monthly update fails. RRS feed

• Question

• I had a need to to install VS2005 for Wince6R3 in order to make some change in the image was created a few years back with XP and VS2005.

Currently my dev PC running Win10, had try to install Win7 with the same result.

The problem I'm facing is that non of the Monty or Yearly WinCE6 update would install, and in VS2005 /Tolls/Platform Builder for CE 6/CE Update check would report "No Platform Builder installation were found on this machine." despite the fact that Platformbuilder function just fine and I was able to build a test image whit it using the stock BSP

Anyone have a solution to fix this in WinX or Win7

Ty

Steve

Friday, August 7, 2015 6:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• 2 day's been trying to solve this, just from desperation tried to execute the update files from VS2005 command-prompt and they all run just fine now, go figure... 
    • Edited by Csaba911 Friday, August 7, 2015 6:21 PM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Ok so  I was able to install all Yearly update from 2009 to 2014, unfortunately CEUpdateCheck.exe still don't see my Platform Builder installation, so unable to verify what update was successfully applied and what still need to updated.

Friday, August 7, 2015 6:36 PM
  • maybe this helps:

Installing Windows CE 6.0 tools on a Windows7 64bit PC (Updated again)

Windows Embedded Compact Platform Builder

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Friday, August 21, 2015 1:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Monday, September 7, 2015 6:12 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:21 AM