Start/Stop user tracking? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to start/stop user/skeleton tracking in button clicks, can anyone help how to achieve this?

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:04 PM

Answers

• do you mean you want an interactive application where you use a button click to start doing skeleton tracking, and then another one to stop skeleton tracking, upon user request?

You can do this kind of thing by calling the Uninitialize() function on your old instance of Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui.Runtime and then creating a new instance of Runtime and calling Initialize() function again with new settings every time you want to change tracking state. These functions are designed so that you can call them multiple times. Do note that every time that you re-create and initialize a Runtime object, the state of tracking and frame count will get reset.

Does this help?
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:36 AM

All replies

• do you mean you want an interactive application where you use a button click to start doing skeleton tracking, and then another one to stop skeleton tracking, upon user request?

You can do this kind of thing by calling the Uninitialize() function on your old instance of Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui.Runtime and then creating a new instance of Runtime and calling Initialize() function again with new settings every time you want to change tracking state. These functions are designed so that you can call them multiple times. Do note that every time that you re-create and initialize a Runtime object, the state of tracking and frame count will get reset.

Does this help?
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Hi Eddy, Thanks for the reply. I had implemented the same and achieved what I want. But when I closed the application (or uninitialized the run time) the IR light is still on. Is this a bug? If so when the bug fix patch will be released. Thanks, Bharat.
    Thursday, June 23, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Hi Eddy, Thanks for the reply. I had implemented the same and achieved what I want. But when I closed the application (or uninitialized the run time) the IR light is still on. Is this a bug? If so when the bug fix patch will be released. Thanks, Bharat.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 2:48 PM
  • That's a known bug. We haven't announced a release date for the next release.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:04 PM