Using Expressiong Blend with VisualVSN or TortoiseVSN (kaysiehaas) - 12/7/2007 7:23 AM PST RRS feed

• Question

• By: kaysiehaas

We use VisualVSN to check out our solutions.  I am trying to open up a form 
    in Blend, but it will not load it.  It does not give me any messages it just 
    doesn't do it.  It will load forms from other solutions that have not been 
    checked out of VisualVSN.  And suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:20 PM

Answers

• For others that have had this problem, I found the answer at:
    http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/archive/2008/05/13/blend-and-svn-issues.aspx

Just to repeat it here, if you open the solution file with notepad you will find a section that looks like the one below.  The cause is that VisualSVNWorkingCopyRoot has nothing assigned to it.  Just remove the entire section and your solution should load.

GlobalSection(ExtensibilityGlobals) = postSolution
    VisualSVNWorkingCopyRoot =
    EndGlobalSection

Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:57 PM

All replies

• By: Steve

We are using TortoiseSVN and it's working over here....

s>

"kaysiehaas" wrote:

> We use VisualVSN to check out our solutions.  I am trying to open up a form 
    > in Blend, but it will not load it.  It does not give me any messages it just 
    > doesn't do it.  It will load forms from other solutions that have not been 
    > checked out of VisualVSN.  And suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Friday, February 22, 2008 9:22 PM
  • I too have just started using VisualSVN yesterday, and now have a problem.  I have a solution that I use with both Visual Studio 2008, and with Expression Blend 2.

Up until I installed VisualSVN, and then checked in my project, the project worked just fine.  Now that I have checked in the project using VisualSVN, I get the same symptoms as you, which is that when I attempt to open the solution in Blend that it silently fails.. no error messages... nothing.... just does not load.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:48 PM
  • For others that have had this problem, I found the answer at:
    http://x-coders.com/blogs/sneaky/archive/2008/05/13/blend-and-svn-issues.aspx

Just to repeat it here, if you open the solution file with notepad you will find a section that looks like the one below.  The cause is that VisualSVNWorkingCopyRoot has nothing assigned to it.  Just remove the entire section and your solution should load.

GlobalSection(ExtensibilityGlobals) = postSolution
    VisualSVNWorkingCopyRoot =
    EndGlobalSection

Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:57 PM