none
Setting Connection limit for Dynamic Send port in Orchestration of BizTalk 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project developed in 2010 where we used Blogical adapter to connect to SFTP, We are migrating now to BT2016 and wanted to use the in-build SFTP adapter, but we are not seeing any option to set connection limit in orchestration

Can anyone guide on how can we achieve increasing the connection limit as we have 30-40 instances running at a time, where all point to different folders in same SFTP server path.

I am worried if we don't increase the connection limit we might end up with too many failures due to limit?

• Edited by AkashSrivastava2911 Friday, January 31, 2020 12:04 PM Added BizTalk keyword for easy search ability
    Friday, January 31, 2020 12:00 PM

All replies

• Are you worried about the connection limit to the SFTP Server?

Rather than worrying about it and trying to design for it now, first do a load test to see if it will be an issue.  Most of the time even if there is a failure or two, BizTalks retry mechanism will take care of the problem.

One thing to look at however is if you have receive locations polling the SFTP Server, as the default polling is 5 seconds, which is way to frequent and not needed for most scenarios. 

Saturday, February 8, 2020 6:08 PM
  • We had already got the connection limit increased in SFTP while we were connecting in BT2010 using Blogical adapter. I will write code for retry mechanism as BizTalk's default one isn't very helpful when you need to catch the error/exception and orchestrate further accordingly.
    Wednesday, February 12, 2020 9:27 AM