SharePoint 2007 designer external database connection using windows authentication RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Sharepoint 2007 server and I want to connect to the exernal database (which is not located in the same server but located in the same domain). I used SharePoint 2007 Designer tool, and created new database connection on data source library tab. I used following custom connection string:

Data Source=Myserver;Initial Catalog=myDb;Integrated Security=SSPI;Provider=SQLOLEDB

I am getting following Error message: An error occurred while retrieving the list of Databases from Myserver; An authentication error occurred. Your logon information may be incorrectly entered, you may not have permission to access this data source, or the requested authentication method may not be supported. Contact the server administrator for more information.

If i use the standard authentication in the connection string, by using user id and password, it works great. I have also checked in the sql server that mixed mode authentication is enabled. I have made following  changes to the web.config file, but still I am getting the same issues:

<SafeControl Assembly="System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" Namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" TypeName="SqlDataSource" Safe="True" AllowRemoteDesigner="True" />

<tagMapping>
         <!-- 
          <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" mappedTagType="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPSqlDataSource, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />
          -->
          <remove tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    </tagMapping>

I appriciate if you can help.

Friday, August 3, 2012 8:28 PM