Local git repository with multiple remotes - one of which is on TFS RRS feed

• Question

• I have a local git repository which was originally cloned from a TFS on premise central git repository. I now want to be able to use a Visual Studio Online repository as an additional remote for this repository.

The original TFS remote name is origin. I added a new remote called vso pointing to my VSO repo.

I then pushed everything from my local repo to the vso remote.

Now I want Team Explorer / Visual Studio to be able to use either remote... 

When I connect to the VSO team project, it says that I have to clone the repository. I don't want to clone the repository, I want to use the existing one which is set up with vso as a remote.

If I connect to the local repository instead from team explorer, it only remembers the TFS on premise repository.

How can I get team explorer to be able to recognise that the vso remote is also connected to my local repository?

thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Muiscatrom, 

Thanks for your post.

As far as I know you need configure different local  repository path for TFS Server and VSO in Team Explorer in this scenario.

For more information about VSO, you can post in VS Online forum for the better response.  

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:57 AM