none
A Task Was Canceled Error VS2013 , VS2015

Question

• Based on a number of suggestions indicating changing timezone change.

I have tried to change my timezone in all possible combinations that i can think of with and without vstudio started or closed.

or may be i am missing the exact steps to change the timezone.

Cheers Manu

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Manu,

Could you please tell us what project type that you compile? Please change another project or create a new project to check whether they also have this issue.

If just this specific project has this issue, please create a new project and then move the project one by one. Every file moves to the new project, please build this project once, which can help us confirm which file causes this issue.

If all project has this issue, please check whether this problem caused by the computer environment. There has other community who has the similar problem that is caused by a environment variables. Please refer to:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/14683f4e-a527-4500-aa3a-46d8c3a6f05c/vs2015-vc-when-tried-to-build-a-solution-observed-error-a-task-was-canceled?forum=vcgeneral

Besides, is this problem occurs after Visual Studio installing or after using for a while?

If occurs after installing, please try repair your Visual Studio to check whether there has any problem on Visual Studio installation.

If occurs using for a while, please try reset your Visual Studio from Tools menu -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:24 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Here are my answers.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/14683f4e-a527-4500-aa3a-46d8c3a6f05c/vs2015-vc-when-tried-to-build-a-solution-observed-error-a-task-was-canceled?forum=vcgeneral

<This Env Variable is not set for me>

Besides, is this problem occurs after Visual Studio installing or after using for a while?

<I have had a very stable setup for many months, this problem has suddenly popped up>

If occurs after installing, please try repair your Visual Studio to check whether there has any problem on Visual Studio installation.

<i haven't installed recently, so i think we can elliminate this scenario>

If occurs using for a while, please try reset your Visual Studio from Tools menu -> Import and Export settings -> Reset all settings.

<This doesn't work either>

Cheers

Manu

Cheers Manu

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Hi Manu,

Thanks for your response.

Do you have tried create new project? And whether they are also has this issue?

Since this issue occurs suddenly, please check whether you have installed any updates for both of your Visual Studio and Windows. If yes, please try uninstall these updates one by one to confirm whether one of the update causes this issue.

And if you installed updates for your Visual Studio, do you close the Visual Studio when installing? Please close Visual Studio instance when installing updates for Visual Studio. After installing, please restart your computer.

In addition, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio. Please check whether there has any error information about build your application.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 14, 2016 1:16 AM
  • Hi Manu,

Do you have any new discoveries for this issue? Please tell us what's do you find, which can help us find out what happened for this issue. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

I haven't got time to try out uninstalling the updates as you mentioned as this is on my main dev box. In the meantime i have resorted to another test setup for my working.

I will definitely try the options suggested but can't risk spending that much time.

Cheers Manu

Monday, July 18, 2016 10:43 AM
  • Hi Manu,

Thanks for response.

Since you problem occurs suddenly, we need to troubleshoot this issue to confirm what causes this issue. And in my opinion, this type of issue often caused by Windows Updates and Visual Studio Updates.

If you don't want to spend much time on your main dev machine, I suggest you create a new VM and then installing all the same updates for Windows and Visual Studio. It will not effect your work on main dev machine.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 1:05 AM