session state RRS feed

• Question

• User-278624196 posted

Hi Expert,

I got below information in  web config file . what exactly it says .is it connecting to any databases ot where it is pointing. but in actual session state i have only one db connection and having 2-3 weba.config,webb.config files and multiple session entries

<sessionState xdt:Transform="Replace" mode="SQLServer" sqlConnectionString="data source=aaaa-SSCLUQA;Trusted_Connection=yes" cookieless="false" timeout="60" sessionIDManagerType="WebLib.SessionIdManager, WebLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />

Wednesday, March 3, 2021 2:51 AM

All replies

• User690216013 posted

xdt:Transform indicates that you are looking at a folder of web site source code and the contents need to be published before being deployed to a web server.

Please post to a forum such as https://forums.asp.net or Stack Overflow to learn more about ASP.NET publishing.

Wednesday, March 3, 2021 9:06 AM
  • User1771714573 posted

Hi Roemesh,

Your configuration file is not in the correct format. xdt:Transform only exists in the web.config under development, not after deployment.

The Locator and Transform elements themselves are not reproduced in the deployed Web.config file.

So this is not a problem with IIS, I suggest you go to Microsoft Q&A for .NET.

Best regards,

Brucz

Thursday, March 4, 2021 3:30 AM