Exiting word application should not ask to check in. RRS feed

• Question

• I have  check out word document in SharePoint document library.

Then i opened checked out document.

Made changes and saved the changes.

Finally while exiting(close) word Application its Prompt to "Do you want to check in?".

For my requirement it should not(prevent) prompt sharepoint check-in dialog.

Please help its very urgent. Thanks in advance...

• Edited by Premananthk Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:15 PM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 6:13 PM

All replies

• Why do you not want the user to be prompted to check in?  In many situations, the user may or may not be ready to check a document in when they finish editing it in their current session.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:39 PM
  • I have developed the application with check in, check out options in my screen according to that i have written all the functionality and validations.

but if the user is check out from screen and open the checkout document  modify ,save and exit the word application check in prompt is appearing.

so if user check in through prompted dialog, all the functionality and validations will get collapse.

So this is my requirement i want prevent the prompted  dialog while closing the word application.

Please guide me.. This is very very urgent requirement .

Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:24 AM
  • Firstly a note on the urgency.  These forums are free and manned by volunteers.  If the need is dire, Microsoft offers a paid support service that your firm should be able to take advantage of.  People can only answer at their own pace and they do so freely.

Have you tried turning off the checking functionality within the document library.  Does your own solution use this feature or does it achieve it via custom code entirely?

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:00 PM
    Answerer

• Hi steven thanks for your reply.

I have developed the web part. here i am retrieving the pdf files from document library and displaying in the grid.

In my screen, i  have check out, check in buttons. while doing the check out  i am converting the pdf to word and uploading that word doc to document library and finally check out the uploaded word doc by default check out functionality of SharePoint (through java script).

While doing check in through screen, Check in the word doc by default functionality of SharePoint (through java script).

Then have to convert check in word doc to pdf, finally have to upload into document library.

Problem:

If the user is check out from screen and open the checkout document  modify ,save and exit the word application check in prompt is appearing.

So if user check in through prompted dialog, all the functionality and validations will get collapse.

So i want to avoid that prompted dialog. please help.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:02 AM