Ratings showing numbers in Custom Discussion Board - SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom Discussion Board list definition developed in SP 2010 which is upgraded to SP2013. 

The issue is the ratings column shows numbers even if the stars option is selected in the Ratings Settings. I have also disabled and enabled the Ratings settings without any success.

Any sort of guidance to resolve this issue would be of great help. Find the field from schema.xml below. Let me know if any changes are required.

<Field ID="{5a14d1ab-1513-48c7-97b3-657a5ba6c742}" Name="AverageRating" StaticName="AverageRating" DisplayName="Rating (0-5)" Description="Average value of all the ratings that have been submitted" Group="Ratings" Type="AverageRating" Decimals="2" Min="0" Max="5" ShowInEditForm="TRUE" ShowInDisplayForm="TRUE" ShowInNewForm="FALSE" SourceID="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/v3" />

Ashok Kumar Vundavalli

Monday, February 2, 2015 11:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Per my understanding, there is an issue about a custom Discussion Board list definition which is upgraded to SharePoint 2013 from SharePoint 2010.

Would you mind providing the screenshot of the issued rating column with the corresponding HTML structure for a further research?

This is how the rating stars of a SharePoint 2013 OOTB Discussion Board with its HTML structure looks like:

Also, you can create a new Discussion Board list with the OOTB Discussion Board list template to see if the rating feature is working properly in your environment.

What’s more, I would suggest you create a new Discussion Board list definition in SharePoint 2013 environment and add the customization there, it will be helpful to analyze whether it is an issue of the custom list definition solution.

Feel free to reply if there any progress.

Thanks                      

Patrick Liang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Dennis Guo Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Monday, March 2, 2015 5:44 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Per my understanding, there is an issue about a custom Discussion Board list definition which is upgraded to SharePoint 2013 from SharePoint 2010.

Would you mind providing the screenshot of the issued rating column with the corresponding HTML structure for a further research?

This is how the rating stars of a SharePoint 2013 OOTB Discussion Board with its HTML structure looks like:

Also, you can create a new Discussion Board list with the OOTB Discussion Board list template to see if the rating feature is working properly in your environment.

What’s more, I would suggest you create a new Discussion Board list definition in SharePoint 2013 environment and add the customization there, it will be helpful to analyze whether it is an issue of the custom list definition solution.

Feel free to reply if there any progress.

Thanks                      

Patrick Liang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Patrick Liang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Dennis Guo Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Monday, March 2, 2015 5:44 AM
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:13 AM
  • Find a screenshot of the discussion board below. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Find the screenshot above. I cannot create the list definition in 2013 because the code and content were migrated from 2010. Please let me know if there is an alternative for this.

I have created a new view and I am able to see the ratings in the new view which is in SP2013 mode.

Ashok Kumar Vundavalli

Friday, April 17, 2015 1:26 PM