WebRequest & WebResponse RRS feed

• Question

• User-1918617911 posted

Hi;
    I am an ASP.NET developer and residing in Iran. Here, the government has filtered many web sites (For example political sites), so we may not visit them. Such filtering implements at the whole Iranian Internet Service Providers.
    I have a web server in France, connecting to the Internet through a French ISP. I am going to develope a web application and run it on this server to break the Iranian Filter.
    How may I correspond with a web site through another web server? WebRequest and WebResponse do not work properly. What to do for the images?

Regards,
    M.Sadegh Samiei

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:00 PM

All replies

• User-1391363652 posted
    I wonder if nobody has responded this far to avoid getting into political issues with "axis" countries. :) Anyway, here we go... First, how is the filtering done? Are they blocking sites from certain regions of the world (i.e. by IP), or do they filter by content? If it's content they filter, then my feeling is you're out of luck because not everybody goes through a French ISP. They will still have to visit your site through a local, abusive ISP. Second, ASP.NET serves only those extensions it knows about: .aspx, .asmx, ashx, etc. You'll have to map images, Flash, etc, to the ASP.NET ISAPI in IIS. Will your French ISP cooperate and do this mapping?
    Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:32 PM