Can't get a developers license?

Question

• So my error says: Error 0x80070422: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I am currently running a Windows 8.1 Pro, and I just got this error. I am trying to create a blank app, but it still won't get me a developers license.

• Moved by Carl Cai Monday, November 24, 2014 5:52 AM more related
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 8:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• So my error says: Error 0x80070422: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I am currently running a Windows 8.1 Pro, and I just got this error. I am trying to create a blank app, but it still won't get me a developers license.

Hello Eric,

I am afraid that this is not the proper forum Since the forum Visual Studio Diagnostics (Debugger, Profiler, IntelliTrace) is for issues related to debugging tools of Visual Studio, I have helped you move this issue to more related forum to get help.

Regards.

Carl

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 24, 2014 5:55 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Looks like a firewall issue. Please try with another network environment without proxy and disable your firewall during gathering the developer license.

However if you cannot cover this by my suggestion, I think you may need open a support ticket for case-by-case support : https://dev.windows.com/en-us/community/support

--James 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, November 24, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi, I keep on going to every forum I can find and I keep on asking this question, and  NO ONE is responding at all.

So in a nutshell, I just got VS Express for Windows 8 (2012). I need to get a developer's license because I am using this program so I can learn coding in C#. I keep on getting this error...

We couldn't get your developer license for Windows 8.1

Error 0x80070422: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

So I found out that this had to do with a Firewall issue, so then, I went to the firewall, and when I clicked on use recommended settings, it gave this error number, but it didn't say what the error was. I went on YouTube and found out how to fix the firewall error. So, I gave it a shot, and it worked! The firewall was up and running again. So, when I was happy to finally fix this issue in VS. This still pops up! I turned on the "Application Information" service, "Windows Module Installer" service, and one more, but I forgot the name of it. Can someone please, please, please help me with this? I've been having this issue for weeks.

Also, I forgot, if this is the wrong forums, I'm sorry about that!
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Yes, I figured out that it had to do with the firewall. I fixed the issue with the firewall, but it still didn't fix the issue for VS.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:18 PM
  • The keyword seems to be: "The service cannot be started", I don't have more specific suggestions for you but you could try some ideas from previous post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/112c6b04-9eda-49f2-95d8-62e0a169f99e/problems-getting-developer-license-in-visual-studio-express-2012-rc-for-windows-8?forum=toolsforwinapps

Hope it helps,

--James

<font color="0099FF">&lt;THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED &quot;AS IS&quot; WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED&gt;</font><br/> Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:49 AM
  • How was your problem, solved now?

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:05 AM