Cannot Update KeyCredential 'Value' in Azure Application Manifest RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to update the 'Value' attribute of the keyCredentials in the manifest file of my Azure AD application, I receive the following error:

"Failed to save manifest. Error details: KeyValueMustBeNull"

It will let me upload a manifest file with the Value set, but then wipes it out and resets it back to null. I have duplicated this problem on both the new Azure Portal and Azure Management portal.

Thanks! :-)
    • Edited by TracyZaact Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:02 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you to refer Developer’s guide to auth with Azure Resource Manager API by Dushyant Gill in the following link below:
    http://www.dushyantgill.com/blog/2015/05/23/developers-guide-to-auth-with-azure-resource-manager-api/

Hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards
    Vijisankar
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread and also “Vote as Helpful”.
    Friday, January 27, 2017 12:26 PM
  • That is the process I am following.  When attempting Step# 1.2.6.2 - Add Certificate Credential to Application Registration, it does not allow me to set the keyCredential Value field. 

• Edited by TracyZaact Friday, January 27, 2017 8:46 PM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 4:21 PM
  • When trying to update the manifest file of my Azure AD application, I receive the following error:

"Failed to save manifest. Error details: KeyValueMustBeNull"

I am attempting to update the 'Value' attribute of the keyCredentials in the manifest, but it will not allow me to do so. I have tried uploading the manifest file with the Value set, but it just wipes it out and resets it back to null.  Myself and our sys admin have duplicated this problem on both the new Azure Portal and old Management Portal.

Thanks! :-)

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

We are checking on this query and will get back to you soon on this.

Appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,
    Ashok

Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Hi Ashok,

Any progress on this?

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:28 PM
  • It's because Azure store somewhere already uploaded key.

• Proposed as answer by naff.it Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:11 PM
    Saturday, June 24, 2017 11:24 PM
  • Hi Ashok,

Is there any update on this issue? I am having exactly same issue.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:57 PM
  • Arrhh thank you! It is, a you point out, because the key is already stored. If you go to "Settings -> Keys" and remove the public key stored here it is possible to update it again. 

Why, oh why is Microsoft so incredible bad at providing error messages in all their services :(

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:11 PM
  • Arrhh thank you! It is, a you point out, because the key is already stored. If you go to "Settings -> Keys" and remove the public key stored here it is possible to update it again. 

Thank you for the update @naff.it
    This information would help the other community members.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:36 PM