Recent Patches hindering my development efforts, need help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a pretty nasty issue dealing with Office 2007, my VSTO add-in, and connecting to Alfresco via WebDAV.  Now before you dismiss this issue as one of the many Vista/WebDAV issues know that I had, in May, resolved all issues regarding Vista and WebDAV in relation to my Document Level Word Add-In.

So what's the problem now?  Patches!!!!  Specifically KB982312 and KB981715.  Either one of these patches, or both, installed on my dev environment (and confirmed on a second test machine) causes all my documents to become Read-Only when opened from Alfresco.  Without these patches everything runs as it is supposed to and did back in May.

I am using client certificates to connect to the Alfresco server over https.  Looking at the logs it would appear that something is being affected in relation to the client certificates being passed/processed by the server when these patches are installed.  Also worth noting is that when either of these two patches ae installed I am prompted with a warning stating our server certificate lacks a CLR.  We know we are lacking a CLR so no big deal.  The fact that I see this error only when either or both of these patches are applied would reinforce the theory that certificate handling has been negatively affected somehow.

Does anyone know how I could determine what changes these patches made to certificate handling?  I don't think my client will appreciate me telling them that they can't install specific patches when I eventually deploy this add-in.  So I really hope there is some kind of registry fix I can apply to bypass this issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

John Barley

Monday, July 26, 2010 6:27 PM