none
How to open PDF documents in a RichtextBox ? RRS feed

• Question

• I know that the only way to open pdf documents in rtb is the use COM .. but few questions ?

I shud add reference to my project .. but with which dll file ?.. and do i need Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional ? A few lines code wud help.
    Friday, August 11, 2006 7:23 PM

Answers

• Right-click the toolbar and select Choose Items.  Click on the COM components tab and click Browse.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroPDF.dll

The interface is documented here... I hope it works for you, it was a bit flakey when I played with it.  As an alternative, consider displaying the PDF in a WebBrowser control.
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:24 AM

All replies

• I doubt it would matter considering that they both decode PDF files, but I would choose Adobe Reader because your user's computer might not have Professional installed.
    Friday, August 11, 2006 7:40 PM
  • I have the Acrobat Professional 7.0 and the only part that is confusing me is the Add Reference part ..i.e which dll to use..And after that which class of the dll should i use thereafter..
    Thanks for replying
    Friday, August 11, 2006 8:41 PM
  • Right-click the toolbar and select Choose Items.  Click on the COM components tab and click Browse.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroPDF.dll

The interface is documented here... I hope it works for you, it was a bit flakey when I played with it.  As an alternative, consider displaying the PDF in a WebBrowser control.
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:24 AM
  • Well,  ,more importanty it works...not in richtextbox though...
    Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:55 PM