error 0x800700A0: Windows cannot register the package because an ActivatableClassID with the same name already exists: 'GrayscaleTransform.GrayscaleEffect'. Provide a different name and try again

Question

• Hi, all

I'm modifying the "Media capture using capture device sample". I expose a new interface from the GrayscaleTransform. The idl looks like:

namespace GrayscaleTransform
    {
        runtimeclass GrayscaleEffect;

[version(NTDDI_WIN8), uuid(FF0CC8F2-77B3-4bfb-9016-9C3F46C0082E), exclusiveto(GrayscaleEffect)]
        interface ITest: IInspectable
        {
             HRESULT GetFrameData([out] BYTE* pBuffer);
        }

[version(NTDDI_WIN8), activatable(NTDDI_WIN8)]
        runtimeclass GrayscaleEffect
        {
            [default] interface ITest;
        }
    }

and implement this interface in CGrayscale:

class CGrayscale
        : public Microsoft::WRL::RuntimeClass<
               Microsoft::WRL::RuntimeClassFlags< Microsoft::WRL::RuntimeClassType::WinRtClassicComMix >,
               ABI::Windows::Media::IMediaExtension,
               IMFTransform,
               ABI::GrayscaleTransform::ITest>

Build the while sulution successfully, but when to run(actually deploy it first) it, I get the error information: error 0x800700A0: Windows cannot register the package because an ActivatableClassID with the same name already exists: 'GrayscaleTransform.GrayscaleEffect'. Provide a different name and try again.

I try to change the name in code, for example "GrayscaleTransform.GrayscaleEffect1" , but get the same error.

I also try to change the package name from "Microsoft.SDKSamples.MediaCapture" to others, also get the same error.

Is a way to unregister the GrayscaleTransform.GrayscaleEffect component? or how to solve this issue? I use win8 release preview and vs2012 ultimate RC.

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We would suggest you to upload your system and Visual Studio to RTM.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Jesse,

I'm having this problem too and I have the release version of VS 2012 Ultimate.  On top of that if I change the name of the component I still get the same error.  Is there a registration (perhaps in the registry or somewhere else) that I can simply delete to move forward?

Thanks,
    Wells

Friday, November 16, 2012 2:11 AM