problem with aps.net configuration RRS feed

• Question

• User-1823219995 posted

Hello,

I don't thing, I'm the beginner, but I'm not able to find how to make website/ASP.NET Configuration work properly. When I run it and click to Security ti manage role permissions, I have always the same error:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database.

So I chose option Choos Datastore and then advanced. For membership provider I have the one option "AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" and for Role Provider I have two options "AspNetSqlRoleProvider" and "AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider". Whne I clicked the test link next to Membership Provider, an error appear:

Could not establish a connection to the database.
    If you have not yet created the SQL Server database, exit the Web Site Administration tool, use the aspnet_regsql command-line utility to create and configure the database, and then return to this tool to set the provider.

What to do with it? Help me please. I've tried to run aspnet_regsql.exe, but it didn't help.

But this was not the first problem with Starter Kit. When I tried ctrl+F5 immediately after creating new project in VWD2005, I had error #26 for SQL server 2005 Express:

An error occurred while estabilishing a connection to the server. When connectiong to SQL Server 2005, this failure might be caused by the fact that under default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Server/Instance Specified)

My server allows remote connetction, so I've attached the club.mdf to SQL Server 2005 manually and changed connection settings in VWD2005 from linking to the file club.mdf in \App_data to linking to a database. This have helped and I run the website. But then, I was not able to configure members as mentioned above.

Can someone write me the whole step-by-step instalation? I would like to know the problem and I bet it would be something small and simlpe. Thanks a lot.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 4:38 PM

All replies