Geometry in SQL Server and SSRS 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi techies

We are dealing with a lot of Geometry data in our Data Warehouse. The data lives in a SQL Server 2012 Database and we have SSRS 2012 reports reporting from these tables. We have significant performance issues with these reports and our primary investigation comes to the conclusion that the Geometry data is causing performance issues in the SQL/SSRS 2012 space. 

Question:

Is there a significant improvement in the way Geometry data is handled in SQL Server 2016?

Cheers

Nithin

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi NITHIN,

About SQL Server 2016 Geometry type/function, please try to refer to this article that may be helpful: SQL 2016 – It Just Runs Faster: Native Spatial Implementation(s)

And if you would like to optimize SSRS performance,  Please try to refer to following article: Troubleshooting Reports: Report Performance

By the way, if the issue is more related to SQL Server performance or T-SQL, I would suggest you post a new thread in T-SQL Forum or SQL Server Spatial Forum.

Thanks for your understand and support.

Best Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:49 AM

All replies

• Hi NITHIN,

About SQL Server 2016 Geometry type/function, please try to refer to this article that may be helpful: SQL 2016 – It Just Runs Faster: Native Spatial Implementation(s)

And if you would like to optimize SSRS performance,  Please try to refer to following article: Troubleshooting Reports: Report Performance

By the way, if the issue is more related to SQL Server performance or T-SQL, I would suggest you post a new thread in T-SQL Forum or SQL Server Spatial Forum.

Thanks for your understand and support.

Best Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Thanks Pirlo. 
    I guess the link that you provided on Spatial Data in SQL Server 2016 answers my question.

Cheers

Nithin

Friday, March 17, 2017 11:25 AM