Running chkdsk/r utility on a system drive

General discussion

• I have noticed that WDP doesn't execute chkdsk/r utility on a system drive upon reboot after it had been programmed and I have to check Windows 8 system drive only when Windows 7 is operating on my computer (I have dual boot). Seems particularly strange since when applied to other disks and partitions this utility performs much faster in Windows 8 environment if compared to Windows 7.
    Vladimir Shipitsyn
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:29 PM

All replies

• I have found out that the problem I've mentioned in my post above a month ago occurred only when WDP isn't set up as default system. Naturally it can't program Windows 7 pre-OS environment to run chkdsk/r. As soon as I changed WDP status to that of default I was able to program it to run chkdsk/r on it's own system drive. The only minus I've noticed is that it doesn't give you checkup and repair details during the run. Otherwise all was going fine. I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that chkdsk command on a system drive in WDP may be run demand while the system is operating with any need for any repairs memorized by the system and performed upon the next reboot (though the process somewhat naturally slows down the other system processes)
    Vladimir Shipitsyn
    Friday, November 11, 2011 5:25 PM