Access Services and SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this in the O365 and got a good response but still looking for more detail and it was suggested to post here. I repeat the content:

I thought I understood that SSRS was not an option with Office 365.  Today someone suggested I could connect SSRS to the SQL database  located in Azure that is the Access Services database set up in O365.  Is this a reality?

Jiaxing Bian Microsoft Support responded:

Hi Lynn,

It’s not feasible to connect Office 365 Access Web App to SSRS, as the Windows Azure SQL reporting server only supports the Microsoft SQL Azure data source type. Here is a related thread for your reference:
    Office 365 Access 2013 Web App data from Azure SQL Reporting Service

For further assistance about SQL server, we suggest you post in the SQL server forum.

My response to Jiaxing (or whomever can respond)

We see from your link that someone was able to connect to the SQL Azure Database and that is our goal but when we try what he suggests we hit a firewall rule violation.  It suggests that we must " use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address".  Is this the step that we cannot perform in the Office 365 environment?  How can we use the Access Service connection information provided in the Data Connections Section under manage connections and configure firewall settings in the Office 365 Environment?

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your question.  

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:54 AM
  • Hi Lynn, 

You can't connect to SQL Azure Database with the Access Services connection information in Reporting Service. If you would like to connect to SQL Azure Database, you need to buy the Azure database service, and follow steps described here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff519560.aspx 

Thanks. 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 11, 2016 1:44 AM