status disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The sql 2008 R2 sp2 high performance mirroring became disconnected. It seems was caused by mirror server restarted.

The mirroring settings was on port 5022. The TCP port on mirror now = 1433.

How to fix the difference? Will re-run the mirroring config security wizzard and enter 5022 there work?

Thanks!

• Edited by hommer Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:47 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:46 PM

All replies

• Do you think that ports differences caused to the restart? Why not just re-establish the mirroring?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Blog: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance

Thursday, June 6, 2013 5:55 AM
  • No, the mirroring had been running fine. So, I don't think port differences caused the restart.

Then mirror server restarted, and mirroring was in disconnected status for 8+ hours.

I am in the process of re-establish the mirror. I am on restore full back to mirror server step.

My question is about what to do after that. It sounds like I may have to reconfigure endpoints.

Thanks!

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:32 PM
  • Hi,

Are you able to post the errorlog from the DR server.  I think there may be a bit of confusion here.  You'll probably find there are multiple messages like:

"server is listening on [xx.xx.xx.xxx <ipv4> 1433]"

"server is listening on [xx.xx.xx.xxx <ipv4> 5022]" - this one will probably be immediately succeeded by a 'The database mirroring protocol transport is now listening for connections message"

You could also script out the endpoint to see the port number.

So, mirroring didn't reconnect when the server came back up?  There are a couple of reasons is may do this, but the log may help understand why

Thanks, Andrew

Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:59 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Where is this DR server log?

Mirroring did not reconnect when the mirror server came back.

I noticed the TCP port =1433 from sql server configure manager. I asked when I was waiting for the restore to complete.

Now after I re-run the Configure security..., it all worked out. I guess as long as tcp\ip listen all=yes. The port discripencies is not the issue.

I would like to understand why it didn't reconnect automatically.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 2:41 PM
  • If you connect to your DR sql server instance, then under 'Management' > 'SQL Server Error Logs'

Thanks, Andrew

Thursday, June 6, 2013 3:03 PM
  • 5022 is the default port when you going to setup mirroring.

just check with below query

SELECT * FROM sys.tcp_endpoints

if you want to change the listener port then use below query

ALTER ENDPOINT [Mirroring] AS TCP (listener_port = 5022)

Hope this will help you, If your requirement is some thing else then let me know.

Monday, July 15, 2013 12:02 PM