Combo Box or drop Down box RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all and Merry Christmas

How do you create a drop down box on the report so the users can chose a value and conduct their search according to that value,  See I have a SP that when the users enter a parameter they get the results according to that paramter, I would like for the choose one rather then type it up.  Can anyone help please

Friday, December 21, 2007 10:06 PM

Answers

•  

I have a blog article about that here:  http://bobp1339.blogspot.com/2007/11/more-about-multi-value-parameters.html

Basically, in the Parameters screen in the report designer, populate your available values.  You can either hard code them in the report, or use a data set to populate them from a database.

peace

BobP

Friday, December 21, 2007 10:53 PM
  • Hi,

To get a drop down its only possible in the report parameters.

For that you need to use a separate dataset set and in this dataset filter that exact column which one you want to populate in the drop down box.

then in the report parameter try to get that parameter from the specific dataset.

so that when you will run the report it will give you the drop down box to choose the parameter from that.

Hope it will work fine for you

Anyway please let me know if you get the solution

Thanks

Mahasweta

Merry Christmas

Monday, December 24, 2007 5:51 AM

All replies

•  

I have a blog article about that here:  http://bobp1339.blogspot.com/2007/11/more-about-multi-value-parameters.html

Basically, in the Parameters screen in the report designer, populate your available values.  You can either hard code them in the report, or use a data set to populate them from a database.

peace

BobP

Friday, December 21, 2007 10:53 PM
  • Hi,

To get a drop down its only possible in the report parameters.

For that you need to use a separate dataset set and in this dataset filter that exact column which one you want to populate in the drop down box.

then in the report parameter try to get that parameter from the specific dataset.

so that when you will run the report it will give you the drop down box to choose the parameter from that.

Hope it will work fine for you

Anyway please let me know if you get the solution

Thanks

Mahasweta

Merry Christmas

Monday, December 24, 2007 5:51 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you get your solution?

If so please let me know

Thanks

Mahasweta

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:09 PM
  •  

Thank you so much, I went into the report parameters and entered in the values worked like a charm
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:13 AM